|Diego was my children's first puppy. He joined our
family in the fall of 2005 around Thanksgiving time. He was a
beautiful and sweet puppy who we adored.
He was so gentle with the kids and understood the difference between
playing with them and playing with my husband and I. He was
careful not to knock them over and if he did, he always begged for their
forgiveness with a sad look that never failed.
He was best friends with our Missy girl. You would often find
the two of them playing together in the pasture or sleeping in the barn
together. Whenever we would look out the window, they would be
Diego was accidentally poisoned. We believe that a neighbor set
bait out for coyotes or the woodchuck that lived on our property, and
that he accidentally got into it. He died just a few short months
after Missy crossed the Rainbow Bridge.
We miss our Diego baby and the fun that he brought into our lives.